Written by Susan Perrow
Susan Perrow passionately believes that ‘stories know the way’. Working with imaginative journeys and the mystery and magic of metaphor, she has developed the art of therapeutic storytelling for children’s challenging behaviour and difficult situations. She offers a tried and tested method for creating a unique story for a child.
This treasury of 101 new healing stories address a range of issues – from unruly behaviour to grieving, anxiety, lack of confidence, bullying, teasing, nightmares, intolerance, inappropriate talk, toileting, bedwetting and much more. The stories also have the potential for nurturing positive values.
This resource will help you:
- Create your own therapeutic stories, using handy tips, exercises and methods such as Susan’s ‘metaphor, journey and resolution framework’
- Find suitable behaviour stories for children aged 3-10 years using different categories for easy reference
- Explore the use of healing stories for global and national challenging situations
- Develop your storytelling skills using useful tips and anecdotes
- Draw on modern and traditional wisdom tales from around the world
Susan Perrow (http://susanperrow.com/) is a teacher trainer, mentor and parent educator. She travels internationally giving workshops on storytelling specialising in creative discipline and challenging behaviours. She lives in Australia. She is also the author of:
Publisher: Hawthorn Press
Size: 23x15.5x2 cm
Publication date: 2012/7/1